Have you ever wondered if there are some helpful tips to becoming the best martial artist you can be?
These are the top ten Taekwondo tips:
1. Confidence: Always believe in yourself and be confident in what you do. Self-confidence is very important.
2. Never give up: Never give up on yourself. When you start to feel that you can no longer continue, push yourself to last just a little bit longer. This will show you how much you can accomplish and give you that extra boost of confidence.
3. Anger is only one letter short of Danger: Never become angry under any circumstance. Not only do you put yourself in danger of doing something rash or reckless, but you also put your other classmates in danger of getting hurt.
4. Ask Questions: Feel free to ask your instructor to repeat something or explain it a little bit more. If you don’t understand something ask a question, because if you don’t you will never understand or learn.
5. Know the difference between ‘Paying Attention’ and ‘Focusing’: It is very important to know the difference because these two things are not the same. ‘Paying Attention’ is when you are with a group of people and you are following them because you are not sure. ‘Focusing’ is when you are alone and you have no one else to help you but yourself.
6. Follow Directions: Always follow directions and listen to your instructor. This will help you and your other classmates learn faster.
7. Leave Your Troubles Behind: When you come into taekwondo, never worry about your current troubles. Dedicate yourself fully to the task in front of you and you will be surprised at how much you will feel better.
8. Always Come to TKD Prepared: Come to your class prepared and ready to learn. Always bring your belt and uniform to class. If you also have purchased sparring gear then bring all of your gear to class. Just like any other sport, if you dont come fully prepared then you are not ready to participate. Ex.) In baseball, if you forget your baseball bat and your baseball shoes then you cannot play baseball.
9. Always Stretch Before Class: When you arrive to class, always sit down and stretch. This will not only prevent muscle injuries, but also then it will not be necessary to take time out of class for stretching.
10. Respect: It is very important to show respect to your instructor and your classmates. Always bow to Master Wesley when you arrive at TKD and also bow to your other classmates to show respect.
If you follow these Ten Taekwondo Tips, then you will be the best martial artist you can be.